Monthly Archives: December 2014
The Psychedelic Experience – December 18, 2014 – A Christmas Gift For You From The Psychedelic Experience
“There’s no Christmas song,” said the Professor, “that I simply must hear.”
Mellow Yellow knew then that his mission was clear.
He must find a song to bring the Professor out of his holiday rut.
But what tune could he find for this grumpy psych nut?
He scoured his record collection from the bottom to the top.
He combed every genre from the blues to bubblegum pop.
Not a note was found from the psychedelic East or West Coasts.
It seemed he would never find a carol for his cheerless co-host.
Then he heard a sound rising out of his headphones.
It was a guitar with a crazy fuzz tone!
This was a Christmas song that was far from lame.
This one had a fuzz break that was freaking insane!
Mellow Yellow ran to the studio right quick!
He grabbed the Professor and said, “Check out this guitar lick!”
And the Professor, with his head hanging low,
Stood puzzling and puzzling. “How could it be so?”
It wasn’t George Michael or Kenny G!
It wasn’t Amy Grant or even Bing Crosby!
He puzzled and puzzled til his puzzler was sore.
Then the Professor thought of something he hadn’t before.
Maybe Christmas music, he thought, doesn’t have to be a bore.
Maybe Christmas music, can be a little bit more!
Tune in to our Psychedelic Christmas special and get your holiday fix with Christmas songs you won’t hear anywhere else! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays! Stream below or download here.
- The Ventures – Scrooge
- The Beach Boys – Santa’s Beard
- The Wailers – Christmas Spirit?
- The Sonics – Don’t Believe In Christmas
- The Turtles – Santa and the Sidewalk Surfer
- The Surfaris – A Surfer’s Christmas List
- The Ventures – Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer
- The Beatles – Christmas Time Is Here Again
- The Underground – Psychedelic Visions
- Paul Revere and the Raiders – Rain, Sleet or Snow
- Bob Seger and the Last Heard – Sock It To Me Santa
- Blues Magoos – Jingle Bells
- Canned Heat – Christmas Blues
- Eli Cook – Christmas Tears
- Procol Harum – A Christmas Camel
- James Brown – Santa Claus Goes Straight To The Ghetto
- Otis Redding – White Christmas
- Darlene Love – Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
- Rotary Connection – Silent Night Chant
- Jimi Hendrix – Little Drummer Boy/Silent Night/Auld Lang Syne
- Sleepy Sun – What Child Is This?
- Rotary Connection – Peace At Last
Like us on Facebook!
Tonight’s show is being dubbed “The Shape of Psych To Come,” and the guys will be spinning tunes that are shape related – circles, triangles, rhombuses, etc. Or is it rhombi? …Whatever… Tune in and find out! (Spoiler alert: you won’t really find out but tune in anyway!) Stream below or download here.
- Max Frost and the Troopers – Shape of Things to Come
- The American Breed – Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Yellow Balloon – The Yellow Balloon
- The Lemon Pipers – The Shoemaker of Leatherwear Square
- The Beach Boys – I Get Around
- The Cyrkle – Don’t Cry, No Fears, No Tears Comin’ Your Way
- Big Star – In the Street
- Janis Joplin – Half Moon
- The Crystal Mansion – Let Me Get Straight Again
- Love – Colored Balls Falling
- Bloodrock – Double Cross
- Pentagram – Be Forewarned
- Nirvana – Heart Shaped Box
- Pentangle – Market Song
- The Tea Company – Love Could Make the World Go Round
- Flat Earth Society – Feelin’ Much Better
- Small Faces – Green Circles
- The Beau Brummels – Triangle
- The Strawberry Alarm Clock – Good Morning Starshine
- The Beatles – Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
- Tom Rush – The Circle Game
- The Yardbirds – Shapes of Things
Like us on Facebook!
Tonight on the Late Show with the Psychedelic Experience, we’ll have musical performances from The Rolling Stones, Donovan, The Small Faces, The Moody Blues and many more! Unfortunately, The Psych Professor and DJ Mellow will not be the next Carson/McMahon, but they did have their own “Late Show” this week due to a broadcasting conflict with the Millikin University Men’s Basketball team (Go Big Blue!). As they say in show business (or so we’ve heard), the show must go on! And on it went and we have it here now for you to listen to! So without further adieu, “Herrrrrrrrre’s The Psychedelic Experience!” Stream below or download here.
- Steppenwolf – Sookie Sookie
- Rolling Stones – Get Off Of My Cloud
- Small Faces – You Need Loving
- Millie Small – My Boy Lollipop
- Keith – Ain’t Gonna Lie
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys – She’s Just My Style
- Branden Daniel & the Chics – In Light
- The GOASTT (Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger) – Animals
- Temples – Shelter Song
- Can – Mushroom
- Tim Buckley – Buzzin’ Fly
- Donovan – Catch the Wind
- Donovan – Mellow Yellow
- The Hombres – Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out)
- The Standells – Dirty Water
- The Uniques – You Ain’t Tuff
- The Moody Blues – Evening: The Sun Set: Twilight Time
Like us on Facebook!