The Psychedelic Experience – August 13, 2015 – The Summer of ’65
A Summer of ’69 special would probably be pretty cool, but Bryan Adams has a monopoly on that, so we’re coming at you with a Summer of ’65 Special on this episode of The Psychedelic Experience! Stream below or download here.
P.S. Be sure to check out the book “1965: The Most Revolutionary Year in Music” by Andrew Grant Jackson. Most of our info for this episode came from this excellent book. You can buy it here via Amazon or at any major book retailer. (Full disclosure: We don’t make anything off of purchases via links here. We just like to pass along the good stuff to you fine folks.)
- The Who – Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
- Beatles – Ticket To Ride
- Them – Gloria
- James Brown – Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs – Wooly Bully
- Rolling Stones – (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
- The Byrds – Mr. Tambourine Man
- Barry McGuire – Eve of Destruction
- Bob Dylan – Like a Rolling Stone
- Lovin’ Spoonful – Do You Believe In Magic?
- The Kinks – See My Friends
- Herman’s Hermits – I’m Henry VIII
- Wilson Pickett – In The Midnight Hour
- Donovan – Universal Soldier
- The Olympics – Good Lovin
- Mothers of Invention – Trouble Every Day
- Phil Ochs – In the Heat of the Summer
- Otis Redding – Respect
- Beach Boys – California Girls
- Simon and Garfunkel – The Sound of Silence
Like us on Facebook!
Posted on August 13, 2015, in Podcast and tagged 1960s, 1960s Rock, 89.5, DJ Mellow Yellow, Millikin, Music, Psych Professor, Psychedelic, Psychedelic Experience, Psychedelic Rock, Rock, WJMU. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.